Se hai scelto di non accettare i cookie di profilazione e tracciamento, puoi aderire all’abbonamento "Consentless" a un costo molto accessibile, oppure scegliere un altro abbonamento per accedere ad ANSA.it.

Ti invitiamo a leggere le Condizioni Generali di Servizio, la Cookie Policy e l'Informativa Privacy.

Puoi leggere tutti i titoli di ANSA.it
e 10 contenuti ogni 30 giorni
a €16,99/anno

  • Servizio equivalente a quello accessibile prestando il consenso ai cookie di profilazione pubblicitaria e tracciamento
  • Durata annuale (senza rinnovo automatico)
  • Un pop-up ti avvertirà che hai raggiunto i contenuti consentiti in 30 giorni (potrai continuare a vedere tutti i titoli del sito, ma per aprire altri contenuti dovrai attendere il successivo periodo di 30 giorni)
  • Pubblicità presente ma non profilata o gestibile mediante il pannello delle preferenze
  • Iscrizione alle Newsletter tematiche curate dalle redazioni ANSA.


Per accedere senza limiti a tutti i contenuti di ANSA.it

Scegli il piano di abbonamento più adatto alle tue esigenze.

Judge rejects request for Ventre case to be closed

Judge rejects request for Ventre case to be closed

Prosecutors claimed lack of jurisdiction in strangling death

ROME, 12 February 2024, 14:34

ANSA English Desk

ANSACheck

, - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

, -     ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
, - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

A Rome judge has rejected a request from prosecutors for the case involving Luca Ventre, a 35-year-old Italian man who died after climbing over the gate of the Italian embassy to Uruguay in January 1, 2021, to be closed, the family's lawyer Fabio Anselmo said on Monday.
    The preliminary investigations judge also ordered for new investigations to be carried out inside the embassy, such as the acquisition of telephone records.
    In December 2022 Rome prosecutors said that Ventre had been strangled by a security guard,, Ruben Eduardo Dos Santos Ruiz, in the embassy courtyard but requested that the case be closed due to lack of jurisdiction as the suspect never formally entered Italian territory.
    Separately, in November 2022 the Uruguayan authorities concluded that Ventre's death was down to the effects of the consumption of cocaine and cleared the security guard.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

Not to be missed

Share

Or use

ANSA Corporate

If it is news,
it is an ANSA.

We have been collecting, publishing and distributing journalistic information since 1945 with offices in Italy and around the world. Learn more about our services.