Renzi says migrant crisis 'not an invasion underway' (2)

'Arrivals just slightly higher than last year'

(ANSA) - Rome, April 15 - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi on Friday said that the current migrant crisis in Italy isn't an "an invasion underway" and that the country has "clear ideas" on how to face it. "The EU is bringing a strategy starting from aid to African countries and blocking the journeys of death," Renzi said. "I don't want to minimise, but I do want to give a reliable message. The number of arrivals is just slightly higher than last year. I say to the Italians: common sense and reason".
    Migrants and refugees are massing to cross the Mediterranean to Italy after the route through Greece and the Balkans was closed off by an EU-Turkey deportation and resettlement deal.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA



Change cookie consent