IOM worker injured in Kabul May 24 dies
Barbara De Anna, wounded in Taleban attack, worked with refugees
21 June, 10:14
(ANSA) - Rome, June 21 - An Italian worker for the
International Organization for Migration (IOM) injured in an
attack last month in Afghanistan died overnight in a German
burns unit, hospital sources said.Barbara De Anna, 40, was injured when powerful explosions and intense gunfire ripped through downtown Kabul at noon on May 24 in the Shar-e-Naw quarter where many aid organizations have headquarters and foreigners reside.
The source of the blasts was suicide bombing aimed at the headquarters of the United Nations Mission in Afghanistan, NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said.
A spokesman for the Taleban claimed responsibility for the attack.









