Percorso:ANSA > Nuova Europa > News > Romania, 85% of exporters are foreign companies

Romania, 85% of exporters are foreign companies

Export activities amount to 30% of Gdp

12 April, 15:04
(ANSA) - TRIESTE - Only 15% of exporters from Romania are companies founded by Romanian investors, while the remaining 85% is represented mainly by local subsidiaries of foreign companies, Romania Insider reported quoting a statement by the economy minister, Costin Borc.

"Only 22,000 out of 750,000 registered companies in Romania engage in the activities of export", Borc underlined.

"Furthermore, there are only 50 companies founded by Romanian investors with a turnover of more than 100 million euros". "Romania is a not a weak exporter, Romania is a country with few exporters," the minister said, suggesting the rise of the number of exporters as key to increasing the export activities, which currently represent 30% of the country's GDP. (ANSA).

© Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved