Basic income will happen - Di Maio

Pledges coming in early in 2019 deputy premier tells ANSA Forum

(ANSA) - Rome, December 5 - Deputy Premier and Labour and Industry Minister Luigi Di Maio said Wednesday that there is no doubt about whether key government pledges, such as its plan for a 'citizenship wage' basic income and a pension overhaul, will be delivered. "I am still happy about the results of that evening," 5-Star Movement (M5S) leader Di Maio told an ANSA Forum, referring to celebrations on the balcony of the premier's office earlier this year after a government meeting on budget measures to finance the pledges.
    These include the so-called 'quota 100' pension reform that effectively brings down the retirement age by enabling people to start claiming a State pension when their age and their number of years of contributions add up to 100. "The results are the quota 100 plan to surpass the (2011) Fornero law, the citizenship wage and the citizenship (minimum) pension, which will get underway in February. "The (citizenship) wage will start in March and the quota 100 will kick off between February and March. "That's why we celebrated and I'd do it again.
    "Those measures are still in the budget law".
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA



Change cookie consent