Coronavirus: 'Patient 1' discharged, says 'stay at home'

Had been at Pavia hospital for around a month

(ANSA) - Milan, March 23 - Italy's coronavirus 'patient 1', a 38-year-old man from Codogno, was discharged Monday from Pavia's San Matteo Hospital.
    The man, Mattia, admitted on February 19 to a Codogno hospital and then moved in life-threatening condition to the Pavia hospital's ICU on February 21-22, started breathing again on his own on March 9.
    "I've been lucky, stay at home," he said in a video on Facebook.
    "It's possible to recover from this illness," he added.
    "Breathing again is the most beautiful thing".
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA



Change cookie consent