Italy to let US use bases for Libya strikes if request (2)

Pinotti says US action has not involved Italy so far

(ANSA) - Rome, August 3 - Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti said Wednesday that Italy would let the United States use its bases for strikes against ISIS in Libya if requested. However, she also stressed that Italy has not been involved so far in any way in the US strikes against ISIS. "The government is ready to make a positive assessment of an eventual request to use (Italian) bases and air space if it were functional to a more rapid and effective conclusion to the operation taking place," Pinotti told a question time session in the Lower House. "Up to now (the operation) has not involved Italy, neither logistically, nor in terms of flight our the national territory".
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA