Percorso:ANSA.it > ANSA English > News

Boy who choked on hot dog dies

Francesco, 3, loses five-day fight for life

17 March, 17:24
Boy who choked on hot dog dies (ANSA) - Rome, March 17 - A three-year-old boy died in a Rome hospital Monday five days after choking on a hot dog in a shopping mall in the Italian capital.

The boy, identified only as Francesco, was deprived of oxygen for 40 minutes after a piece of sausage got lodged in his throat at a restaurant in an Ikea store Thursday.

He was rushed to hospital in critical condition.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA