Soccer: World Cup without Balotelli 'unthinkable'
Prandelli confident Milan striker will be ready for Brazil11 October, 16:04
The 23-year-old is the Azzurri's star player but some pundits question his attitude and temperament after a long series of incidents of indiscipline and some bizarre headline-grabbing off-field incidents.
Prandelli called up the striker for Italy's last two World Cup qualifiers, against Denmark in Copenhagen later on Friday and Armenia in Naples on Tuesday, despite him getting a three-match ban in Serie A for abusing a referee in a Milan defeat to Napoli last month.
The coach had been expected by some to drop the player in accordance with the national team's code of conduct, as he has in the past.
Despite the controversy, Prandelli made it clear that Balotelli features firmly in his plans.
"It is absolutely unthinkable," the coach told Rai television when asked about the prospect of not taking Balotelli to next year's tournament in Brazil.
"I'm convinced that Mario won't do anything out of the ordinary from now on and he'll arrive at the World Cup ready".
Prandelli's side have already qualified for the World Cup but they are hoping to beat Denmark and Armenia to strengthen their position in the world ranking - the Azzurri are currently fourth - in order to be among the seeded sides at the World Cup.
Balotelli is set to miss the Denmark clash due to a thigh problem, but Prandelli said he hopes to field him against the Armenians.
The coach, who has rejuvenated Italy and introduced an attractive attacking style since taking over in 2010, said he was confident his side could "do something marvellous" in Brazil next year.