Concordia site bones 'not from missing pair'
Divers seek passenger Tricarichi, crew member Rebello27 September, 14:10
The other 30 bodies were recovered soon after the huge liner went down after hitting a rock off Tuscany's Giglio Island.
No official announcement has been made saying the bones did not belong to the missing pair but the sources said one was in the offing.
Earlier the commissioner said the press had been "too hasty" in reporting the find and asked the media to be "more cautious".
"It is still not possible to say they are of human origin, still less to say they belong to someone in particular," he said.
On Thursday the civil protection agency was quoted as saying the bones "probably" belonged to Italian passenger Maria Grazia Tricarichi and Indian crew member Russel Rebello, who drowned along with 30 others when the vessel capsized off Tuscany in January 2012.
DNA tests are being carried out in a hospital in Grosseto, the largest nearby city.