Soccer: Prandelli reflects on future with Brazil slot sealed
Coach may return to club football after World Cup11 September, 14:00
There had been speculation that, once qualification was guaranteed, the former Fiorentina boss would announce he intends to return to club football after the World Cup in Brazil.
But Prandelli suggested he was still thinking about what to do, with the Italian Soccer Federation (FIGC) expected to offer to renew his contract when it runs out next year.
"Now there is all the time to think about the future," Prandelli said.
"We'll talk (with the FIGC) and clarify everything. It won't become a soap opera, but I don't have any decision to announce". The 56-year-old took over a national team in disarray after Italy's embarrassing group-stage exit at the 2010 World Cup.
He rejuvenated the side and managed to get them playing an attractive offensive style, even though the current squad has fewer stars than teams of the past.
They finished runners-up at Euro 2012 and came third at the Confederations Cup in June.
On Tuesday his team showed confidence and character to claim victory in Turin, after going behind to the Czechs against the run of play due to a Libor Kozak goal in the first half.
Early in the second half defender Giorgio Chiellini levelled with a header from a corner and Mario Balotelli earned and converted a penalty, after missing several easy chances before the break, to book the Azzurri's ticket to Brazil.
"Italy were great," said Prandelli, who also led the Azzurri to qualification for Euro 2012 with two games to spare.
"We knew we could turn the result around and we were rewarded.
"We are good because we know our limitations and how to make the most of our qualities".