Letta calls Grillo's coup accusation 'totally unacceptable'
Italian premier blasts 5-Star Movement leader
10 May, 17:11
ANSA - Rome, May 10 - Italian Premier Enrico Letta lashed
out against Beppe Grillo on Friday after the opposition leader
accused the newly formed government of committing a ''coup
d'etat''.Letta called Grillo's comments ''totally unacceptable'' in a press conference held with European Parliament Speaker Martin Schulz.
''Remember that when (Grillo) used the term 'coup d'etat', a Chilean journalist explained to him what a coup d'etat really is and made a fool out of him,'' Letta added.
Earlier on Friday, Grillo, the leader of the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement (M5S), told journalists the other big parties had staged a ''a coup d'etat'' with the formation of Letta's coalition government.
''They put us in a corner. Four of them met up one night to decide. This is the continuation of the Monti agenda,'' Grillo said, referring to Letta's predecessor Mario Monti.
Monti's technocrat government passed austerity measures in that have been blamed for exacerbating Italy's current recession, the country's worst in 20 years.



Brochure: 





