Arts guide: exhibits in Italy25 January, 17:41
FLORENCE - Uffizi: The Medici and Alchemy in the 16th and 17th centuries; until February 3.
- Palazzo Strozzi: Francis Bacon, including three unfinished works never seen in Italy; until January 27.
FRASCATI - Scuderie Aldobrandini: Caravaggio Visions; influence of Baroque master on modern and contemporary art; until April 7.
MILAN - Palazzo Reale: Edict of Constantine; 200 works commemorating 313 AD proclamation of religious freedom in Roman Empire; until March 17.
- Triennale: Dracula and the Vampire Myth; until March 24.
- Museo Poldi Pezzoli: Giovani Bellini, From Icon To History; until February 25.
PADUA - Palazzo Zabarella: Giuseppe De Nittis, 120 masterpieces from the most prestigious Italian and French museums; until May 26.
PISA - Palazzo Blu: Wassily Kandinsky, From Russia to Europe; until February 3.
ROME - Academy of Egypt: Abu Simbel, photo show on how the two massive rock temples in southern Egypt were saved; until January 31.
- Museo di Roma Palazzo Braschi: Canova, The Sign of Glory; 79 sketches, until April 7.
- MAXXI: Alighiero Boetti, 30 works; until October 6. same venue: Le Corbusier's Italy; until February 17.
- Colosseum, Curia Julia, Temple of Divine Romulus: Rome Caput Mundi, Dominion and Integration; until March 10.
- Vittoriano: Renato Guttuso 1912-2012; until February 3.
- Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (GNAM): Paul Klee and Italy; until January 27.
- Musei Capitolini: The Age of Equilibrium; an array of ancient Roman statuary and decor highlighting the balance achieved between Rome and its provinces between the reigns of Trajan and Marcus Aurelius; third installment of the five-year 'Giorni di Roma' cycle ranging from the Republican Era to Late Antiquity.
- Palazzo delle Esposizioni: Robert Doisneau, 240 photographs of Paris 1934-1991 by 'The Kiss' photographer; until February 13.
- same venue: On the Silk Road, Ancient Pathways Between East and West; organized by American Museum of Natural History; until March 24.
UDINE - Villa Manin at Passariano di Codroipo: Tiepolo, 142 works; until April 7.
VENICE - Punto della Dogana, Francois Pinault Foundation: 'Praise of Doubt', 60 works by 20 contemporary giants including Maurizio Cattelan, Jeff Koons, Jeff Bauman, Adel Abdessemed, Marcel Broodthaers, Dan Flavin, Thomas Schutte and Charles Ray; until December 31.