Six injured, two badly, in northern Italian explosion
Blast in Bergamo building may have been caused by gas leak24 January, 11:39
Fire-fighters said the blast, which took place on the top floor of the building at 5:45 local time, may have been caused by a gas leak.
A 35-year-old woman and a 50-year-old man were taken to a local hospital with burns to large areas of their bodies.
Four elderly people were taken to another hospital although none of them were reportedly in a serious condition. The blast woke up hundreds of people living in the area and could be heard several kilometres away.