Arts guide: exhibits in Italy
Tiepolo at Villa Manin near Udine16 November, 16:38
CASERTA - Reggia: Henri Cartier-Bresson, Images and Words; until January 14.
FLORENCE - Palazzo Strozzi: Francis Bacon, including three unfinished works never seen in Italy; until January 27.
MAMIANO DI TRAVERSETOLO (PARMA) - Fondazione Magnani Rocca: Grama Sutherland; until December 9.
MANTUA - Palazzo Te: Pier Luigi Nervi, Architecture As A Challenge,; until November 25.
MILAN - Museo Poldi Pezzoli: Giovani Bellini, From Icon To History; until February 25.
- Palazzo Reale: Edict of Constantine; 200 works commemorating 313 AD proclamation of religious freedom in Roman Empire; until March 17.
- same venue: Picasso, 200 masterpieces from the Paris Picasso Museum; until January 6.
MODENA - Ex Ospedale Sant'Agostino: American photographer Edward Weston (1886-1958), 110 photos until December 9.
PAVIA - Scuderie del Castello Visconteo: Renoir, A Life in Painting; 30 paintings, pastels and sketches, until December 16.
PISA - Palazzo Blu: Wassily Kandinsky, From Russia to Europe; until February 3.
ROME - Quirinale: Cyprus the Island of Aphrodite; until January 5.
- MAXXI: Le Corbusier's Italy; until February 17.
- Colosseum, Curia Julia, Temple of Divine Romulus: Rome Caput Mundi, Dominion and Integration; until March 10.
- Vittoriano: Renato Guttuso 1912-2012; until February 3.
- Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (GNAM): Paul Klee and Italy; until January 27.
- Musei Capitolini: The Age of Equilibrium; an array of ancient Roman statuary and decor highlighting the balance achieved between Rome and its provinces between the reigns of Trajan and Marcus Aurelius; third installment of the five-year 'Giorni di Roma' cycle ranging from the Republican Era to Late Antiquity.
- Scuderie del Quirinale: Vermeer, The Golden Age of Dutch Art; 8 masterpieces by Delft genius plus 50 by contemporaries; until January 20.
- Palazzo delle Esposizioni: Robert Doisneau, 240 photographs of Paris 1934-1991 by 'The Kiss' photographer; until February 13.
- same venue: On the Silk Road, Ancient Pathways Between East and West; organized by American Museum of Natural History; until March 24.
- Octagonal Hall of the Baths of Diocletian: Modernity through Antiquity - Italian Sculpture of the Thirties; until January 1.
- Castel Sant'Angelo: The Popes Of Memory, seven centuries of papal life through 130 masterpieces; until December 8.
UDINE - Villa Manin at Passariano di Codroipo: Tiepolo, 142 works; until April 7.
VENICE - Museo Correr: Francesco Guardi; 70 paintings and 70 sketches from major world museums; until January 6.
- Museo Archeologico Nazionale: Lynn Davis, Modern View Of Ancient Treasures; series of large photos showing "the epiphany of places sacred to humanity"; until January 6.
- Punto della Dogana, Francois Pinault Foundation: 'Praise of Doubt', 60 works by 20 contemporary giants including Maurizio Cattelan, Jeff Koons, Jeff Bauman, Adel Abdessemed, Marcel Broodthaers, Dan Flavin, Thomas Schutte and Charles Ray; until December 31.
VICENZA - Basilica Palladiana: From Raphael to Picasso, 100 works; until January 20.