Percorso:ANSA > Nuova Europa > Business > Slovenia: Government undertakes tax reform package

Slovenia: Government undertakes tax reform package

Minister Vranicar Erman, better competitiveness

29 September, 14:32
(ANSA) - LUBIANA - The fiscal measures undertake by the Slovenian government, which will be enforced between January and March 2018, are "aimed at strengthening the competitiveness of the economic system", Finance Minister Mateja Vranicar Erman said at a press conference.

One of the main goals is to encourage the mobility of labor force and production activities. In order to promote internationalization and knowledge transfer, the ministry has decided to reduce income tax for employees of Slovenian companies who are working abroad or arrive in Slovenia.

However, the tax basis for production activities remains stable at 20%, with the introduction of different income brackets, whereas the remaining 80% continues to represent standardised cost without tax burden. (ANSA).

© Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved