8,500 migrant arrivals in 3 days,13 dead (2)

Salvini says will sue govt

(ANSA) - Rome, April 18 - Thirteen migrants died as some 8,500 asylum seekers washed up on Italy's shores over the Easter weekend, leaving the interior ministry grappling with thousands of resettlements. Anti-immigrant Northern League leader Matteo Salvini said he would employ a team of lawyers to sue the government for "favouring clandestine immigration". He said "it is now clear that (immigration) is organised and funded. So we will sue the premier, ministers and the commanders of the Navy and Coast Guard". In 2017 migrant reception will cost a billion more than last year, the government said.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA