Genoa bridge demolition 'sd start soon'

Mayor Bucci sees work kicking off late Sept, early Oct

(ANSA) - Genoa, September 10 - Genoa Mayor Marco Bucci said Monday that the demolition of the remains of the Morandi bridge, the central part of which collapsed last month in a disaster that killed 43 people, will begin soon. "If they give us that the authorisations, it will be possible for the demolition to start at the end of the month, or the first week of October, according to the information I have today," Bucci said. Last week Liguria Governor Giovanni Toti presented a project to rebuild the key viaduct that crosses Genoa by architect Renzo Piano, featuring the involvement of highways company Autostrade per l'Italia, and said it should be ready by November 2019.
    Deputy Premier and Labour and Industry Minister Luigi Di Maio, however, said Autostrade should not be involved in rebuilding the bridge, holding the company responsible for last month's disaster.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA