Baglioni says migrant case a farce

Director of Sanremo song fest criticizes migrant policy

(ANSA) - Rome, January 9 - The artistic director of Italy's most popular song festival, singer and song writer Claudio Baglioni, on Wednesday criticized Interior Minister Matteo Salvini's refusal to receive 49 asylum seekers who had been at sea on rescue ships run by NGOs Sea Watch and Sea Eye.
    "There are millions of people in movement, it's not possible to think that the problem can be solved by avoiding the arrival of 40-50 people", Baglioni said during the press conference to present the festival, calling the stance a "farce".
    Salvini responded urging Baglioni to "sing so you'll get over it".
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA