280 mn freed up for job centres -Di Maio

'Clear signal' says labour minister

(ANSA) - Rome, July 5 - Labour and Industry Minister Luigi Di Maio said Thursday some 280 million euros had been freed up to revamp Italy's job centres. He said it was a "clear signal to show our intention to be on the front line with regional administrations to get labour services working".
    Getting the largely inefficient centres to work is a precondition for the government's basic income job-seeking allowance, which will give those in search of work 780 euros a month as long as they accept job offers.
    They will lose the benefit if they refuse three straight offers.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA