Never taken money from Russia - Salvini

rady to sue for libel again says League leader

(ANSA) - Rome, July 10 - League leader and Interior Minister Matteo Salvini reiterated Wednesday that he had never taken money from Russia.
    Responding to a Buzzfeed report on an alleged meeting between men close to him and Kremlin officials, Salvini said "I have already sued for libel in the past, I'll do so again today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
    "I've never taken a rouble, a euro, a dollar or a litre of vodka in funding from Russia." Salvini said after a report in newsweekly L'Espresso earlier this year that the League did not get any illegal funding from Russia.
    "Nothing has arrived nor will arrive at the League" as concerns illegal funding," he said.
    "There is no money in Luxembourg, or the Caymans or in Switzerland. There are no roubles or yen or barrels of oil".
    L'Espresso reported that the League had received millions of euros in funding from Russia.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA