2.6 mn travelling on Epiphany weekend - Federalberghi (3)

10.7% up this year

(ANSA) - Rome, January 3 - Some 2.6 million Italians will travel on the upcoming Epiphany weekend, hotel group Federalberghi said Wednesday. This is a rise of 10.7% with respect to 2017, the association said. In 95.2% of cases the destination will be Italian, while the remaining 4.8% will go abroad, it said.
    "The forecasts for tourist movement over the Epiphany feast show a country that has returned to being moderately optimistic," said Federalberghi President Bernabò Bocca while presenting the results of the report by ACS Marketing Solutions.
    photo: Epiphany pageant in Florence